Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Boy, 8, gets job with Lego 15 years later-Denmark


Graduate who wrote to Lego asking for a job at the age of eight sees his dream come true 15 years later

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 7:10 PM on 20th December 2010
A boy who wrote to Lego at the age of eight asking for a job has finally seen his dream come true - 15 years later.
Sam Johnson wrote to the world-famous Danish company, telling them how much he loved playing with the brightly-coloured bricks and asking how he could get a job.
Now the 23-year-old university graduate has landed his dream job as a junior designer for Lego working in Denmark.
Lego lover: Sam Johnson has been offered a job as a junior designer with Lego - after writing to the company at the age of eight
Lego lover: Sam Johnson has been offered a job as a junior designer with Lego - after writing to the company at the age of eight

Mr Johnson said: 'I was quite young when I told my parents that I wanted to be a toy designer for Lego.
'I have had Lego for as long as I can remember. I used to build vehicles such as cars and trucks as well as buildings to go with them. 
'I always used to enjoy building my own town designs when I was younger; now I'm getting to build the next ranges for a new generation of children.' 
The 23-year-old completed a BA honours degree in Product Design at the University of Derby earlier this year and he used Lego as part of his final-year product.
Perfect partners: Mr Johnson used Lego in a university exhibition - attracting the attention of bosses from the Danish company
Perfect partners: Mr Johnson used Lego in a university exhibition - attracting the attention of bosses from the Danish company

His ideas were spotted by Lego bosses when they went on display at the New Designers Exhibition in London and he was offered a job at Billund, Denmark.
Mr Johnson said: 'My work will involve a lot of Lego building which is great. The job is perfect for me.' 
A spokesman for Lego said: 'At almost every job interview we have potential candidates telling us about their childhood experiences with Lego bricks, or their children's love for our products.
'But I have to say Sam's case is very special, since he so determinedly followed the advice he got from us about employment when he was a young boy.'  


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340216/Graduate-lands-job-Lego--15-years-writing-firm-ask-work.html#ixzz18ku2ya63

No comments:

Post a Comment