Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Airplane flies across the moon...


Lunar landing: Photographer captures the moment a passenger plane flies across the Moon

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 11:40 AM on 2nd October 2010
How's this for a moon shot? Photographer Christopher Tomas managed to snap a passenger plane as it crossed the moon.
The technically tricky image was taken on the Blackbutt range in Queensland, Australia where he lives.
He observed the airplane flying overhead for months before he managed to get his shot on September 16.
Moon pic
Snap shot: The technically tricky image was taken on the Blackbutt range in Queensland, Australia where the photographer has a property
'Everyday this Qantas Dash 8 Q400 flies over our country property, always at 5.30pm without fail. I have watched it fly "through" the moon a few times.
'The moon was at the "right" phase, approximately in line with the plane's flight path, so I quickly set up gear - I have done this drill quite a few times!
'I saw the plane a long way off and thought "no-its not going to hit", so I stayed beside the scope just in case.
'Then as it got closer I could see it was going to line up!
'My palms started to sweat, as I only wanted to pull the trigger when I knew the plane was in the centre of the moon. I got my wish!'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1317072/Lunar-landing-Photographer-captures-moment-passenger-plane-flies-Moon.html#ixzz11D2n8OIt

No comments:

Post a Comment